Posted on January 21 2021
Baseball caps and hats for bad hair days… It is the go-to solution for any number of individuals. If your hair is thinning, messed up beyond all repair, has been cut badly, is dirtier than you'd like it to be and you're in a hurry – the list goes on, but one thing remains. The right hat can salvage a bad hair day. In some cases, it may be the single best option.
But, as bad hair days go, there are different types requiring precise headwear. Below, we are going to examine types of bad hair days and the kind of hat or cap that may work better than the others. Let's begin with a day that is unreasonably windy…
Bad Hair Thanks to the Wind and Mother Nature
Do you live in a part of the country where wind is the major topic of discussion? Chicago's nickname, the Windy City, comes to mind. You can minimize bad hair moments as a result of wind with the right hat. For this instance, straw hats and/or boater hats aren't the best. You will need a firm fit to function in the wind.
One of the most effective options here is the baseball cap. But unless you're really into them, white baseball caps should be saved for occasions such as sporting events. Neither should you go with the sideways style of wearing your baseball cap.
Bad Hair at Night
Are you going out for the evening, but your hair wants to do anything but cooperate? Rather than letting bad hair turn your evening escapades into a nightmare, match your outfit with the right hat. Fedoras are perfect and big with celebrities such as Ne-Yo, Justin Timberlake, Brad Pitt, Jude Law, Hugh Jackman, and Johnny Depp. Those guys know how to wear a hat!
Choosing A Hat
Choose your hat wisely. You don't want to end up looking worse than you did with bad hair! For the best fit and style, if you're going with a fitted cap, always measure first and use a hat chart. Snapbacks are adjustable and can fit virtually anyone. Here are more tips about hat choices:
- Unless it truly goes with your outfit or it contains your team colors (when in attendance at a sporting event), avoid shockingly bright colors.
- Short on cash? Check resale shops and the like.
- Match your hat with the season, particularly when it comes to boater hats, straw hats, etc.
- You can style the flexible brim of your Fedora to suit your mood.
- For a more angular, shortened version of a fedora, try a Trilby.
- If you need something to wear with business dress, consider a formal hat such as a Homburg.
- If you can pull it off, have some fun with a western hat – a.k.a. cowboy hat.
- Want a hat that will last a long time? Buy a premium-quality Panama hat.
- If you're looking for a hat with a brim to protect your eyes from rain, sun, and wind – but want to keep your head warm and your hair under control – one practical choice is the traditional British flat cap. It is frequently associated with fishing, shooting, and hunting country types. (Think the iconic Irish country style hat worn by classic actor Peter O'Toole.)
Hat Heaven for Bad Hair Day Hats
When it comes to hats for bad hair days, nobody beats the headwear at Hat Heaven! With snapbacks, fitted hats, trucker hats, dad hats, and more, we've got you covered – literally. Get something with a sports logo, a catchy saying, a cartoon character, camouflage, or just a plain hat. The choice is yours – and there are many!