Posted on February 05 2021
With lots of baseball style hats to choose from, Hat Heaven would like to introduce to you our Kids Houston Astros Black Cooperstown Authentic Collection New Era K59Fifty Fitted cap. But first, a little bit about the New Era Company – manufacturers of this kids’ hat.
New Era Cap Company
Before the word "fitted" became a noun, and before "America's Pastime" was baseball, a family embarked on a journey, revolutionizing the headwear industry – in fact, re-defining it altogether.
A 37-year-old German immigrant and skilled craftsman, Ehrhardt Koch, saw an opportunity and embarked on a mission to redesign the quality of fashion headwear – as well as the process used to create it. His dream came true in 1920 when, after borrowing money from Rose, his sister, he started the New Era Cap Company. His open-mindedness and expertise led to his company – in only their first year – producing Gatsby style caps numbering no less than 60,000!
- New Era’s first manufacturing plant – which remained so until 1932 – was located in Buffalo, New York, in a rented back room on Genesee Street.
- Debuting in the 1940s, New Era introduced adjustable, elastic-backed caps.
- It takes 22 pairs of hands and 22 steps to make the 59Fifty – considered by some to be the perfect cap.
- In reference to New Era’s embroidery, Val Koch coined the term "painting with thread" in the 1960s.
- By 1974, with 20 professional Major League Baseball teams, New Era had established deals. (At the time, there were 24 teams in the league.)
- In a publication known as the Sporting News, through a mail order ad, on-field caps were offered to fans for the very first time in 1980.
- With the introduction of the "flag" logo, in 1997, New Era launched its new identity.
- In 2002, David Koch passed away after a courageous battle with cancer. In honor of his memory, UPMC's "David C. Koch Regional Perfusion Cancer Therapy Center" provides cancer patients the medical care and treatment they need.
- Continuing their extensive history of giving back to the community, in 2016, the New Era Foundation was established.
Introducing the Kids Houston Astros Black Cooperstown Authentic Collection New Era K59Fifty Fitted
The following are specs for the Kids Houston Astros Black Cooperstown Authentic Collection New Era K59Fifty Fitted cap:
- Rear logo: Official team color
- Front logo: Seashell/Terra-cotta
- Under visor: Black
- Button: Black
- Visor: Black
- Crown: Black
- Hat material: 100% polyester
In a performance silhouette, the nostalgic “star” logo appears on this hat.
Shop Hat Heaven
Our approach to premium headwear design is simple here at Hat Heaven, established in 1986. We pursue both traditional and new colorways with innovative materials that are ever-changing. We strive to reflect both future and current fashion trends. Our influences are pop-culture, footwear, streetwear, and more. Hat Heaven provides an enjoyable retail experience combined with exemplary customer service.Check out our kid’s selection today before the next birthday or holiday rolls around. Contained within this collection, you will find hats representing the NFL, MLB, cartoon characters, NBA, and more.